Pages

Saturday, February 13, 2010

I love the Winter Olympics.

I love the way it inspires me to get my tail out the door and start to train for that 8K coming up.

I love the way I give myself permission to veg in front of the TV to watch the Olympics with no residual guilt.

I love the cheesy personally invasive stories about the athletes.

And most of all I love spirit behind them. The winter games even more than the summer games because in addition to international friendly competition and collaboration, I find the winter sports so much more compelling. I think it is because Nature plays such a dramatic role in all of the events. The athletes are all out there in conditions that are natural and perilous and beautiful. The sports demand skill and the respect given to the natural world simply to be survived, and more to be won.

Bring it on Vancouver!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...