Pages

Monday, February 15, 2010

Big Girl Meal


After the past few weeks of snow days, Jonathan being sick (so Jim and I playing tag-team parent), planning and then unplanning to be out of town, and general hecticness I have been craving schedule and normalcy. I haven't had the forethought or creativity to cook anything that I've been excited about for the past few days and resorted to a frozen dinner and peanut butter toast last night. So tonight I decided that I would have a full big-girl dinner despite the fact that I was going to be the only adult present. So I did. And it was glorious!


I sauteed roasted beets in orange juice and coriander and put them on top of spinach with toasted almonds and and roasted onions. Then I sauteed some mushrooms with wine and butter and cooked them with an egg in puff pastry shells. Aahh! Would have been better with some goat cheese on the salad and a little white sauce for over the mushroom thingys, but since making white sauce still scares the pants off of me and we didn't have any goat cheese, I went without and it was great. Exactly what I needed tonight!

Baby in bed. Wonderful food in tummy. Time for grading some papers!

2 comments:

  1. Mmmm-that looks so yummy and also pretty! Make it for me sometime!! Glad you got to have a little 'big-girl' time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damn! Im jealous, looks delicious! I would try it if mushrooms dint make liz sick... maybe i will next time shes at work and im home alone

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...