Pages

Saturday, October 10, 2009

graduation

On Tuesday, after 3 years and thousands of dollars, I graduated from therapy!! I went in for my appointment and we talked about how well I was doing and why and then my therapist said "So I don't know that you need to keep coming back. What do you think?" It was fantastic feeling to hear her say those words!! After spending the past 5 years struggling through major clinical depression, I am off of medication (for over a year!!) and now am out of therapy and cannot remember feeling so good about life! I have worked really hard at learning to speak up for myself and to say what I need without feeling guilty for having needs. I have built relationships and my career and have made a place for myself in this city where I didn't ever really want to end up. I'm learning to live in the NOW and enjoy the pain and joy of each moment instead of letting my mind sabotage me with regret and worry. I am still obviously growing and working on all of those things, and probably will for the rest of my life. But right I feel really good in my own skin!!

3 comments:

  1. That is such good news! I know it's been a hard several years for you, and I'm so happy to hear that you are feeling better and are able to enjoy this fun new phase of life! We'll continue to remember and pray for your family, and hope we can find a time to visit soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for you! Such awesome work you've done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. congratulations krista. that is a huge accomplishment. i can definitely see the change in you. you are visibly glowing from an inner peace and joy. i am happy for you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...