Pages

Saturday, September 5, 2009

last of the tomatoes


This afternoon while Jonathan was napping, I finally got out to the garden. I mixed our compost into one of our garden beds so it is ready for the beets I am planning to plant, picked the last of the tomatoes, and then pulled up the tomato plants. They had a good run this summer and probably could have given me a few more tomatoes over the next month, but they were getting leggy and falling over and I was tired of them. It feels good to have the bed empty!!

Now I am left with the question of what to do with green tomatoes. I have never picked them green before and I don't know if they will ripen if I give them a week or so, or if I should go ahead and do something with them now...

3 comments:

  1. You live in Virginia now! Fry those green tomatoes! A little cornmeal, salt, and pepper. Fry. Then a drizzle of balsamic. Yumm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tip! I just fried some and they were yummy!! Although I had my usual problem with the breading not sticking. But this definitely has potential!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...