Pages

Friday, September 11, 2009

I will not think about work

I have made pretty good on my resolution to leave the school building by 3:00 during this first week of school. And I have been great at not bringing any work home with me. But the problem is that I don't know what to do if I am not obsessing about my job. I feel guilty and listless. Out of place. For example, what should I do this evening now that Jonathan has gone to bed? I have no papers to grade, no lessons to write, no labs to try... Perhaps I should meditate using the mantra "I will not think about work".

3 comments:

  1. bubblebath! restorative AND gets you clean.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have that same problem, but without the baby. Adding to my guilt is the number of people who are convinced that I must do tons of work on my days off and think highly of me for it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I watch HGTV and crochet. Although, I guess I will finish this blanket sometime, and then what will I do?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...