Pages

Sunday, August 23, 2009

reminder

Jonathan reminded me today about all the reasons for not liking babies. He spent most of the afternoon incensed about being too tired. I spent most of the afternoon rocking, singing, cuddling, nursing him in vain attempts to put him to sleep. My baby the insomniac. Both of us were awake, both tired to the point of tears and no one able to sleep. I was could not think of one positive thing about babies.

Eventually he calmed down enough for his bath- which he enjoyed- and just now I nursed him and he got all sleepy and cuddly and warm. He looked up at me with that adoring smile and those precious eyes and my heart instantly melted. He tucked his legs up into a ball and nuzzled his head into my shoulder and I remembered how much I love him even when he makes me crazy.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...