Pages

Sunday, August 16, 2009

ignorance

I started off this whole "mommy" business without knowing the first thing about babies. I could tell a baby from a bowling-ball, but just barely. If you had asked me 4 months ago to describe a baby, I would have assumed that a baby mostly ate, slept and laid around passively growing. Now I still don't know much about babies in general, but that most certainly does not describe Jonathan. Okay- he does a lot of eating. But he fights sleep like the plague and when he is awake he is in constant motion. It is amazing. You can see his mind working all the time as he concentrates on how to move his arms the way he wants them to go or how to make his mouth mimic the noises you are making. He uses every moment of the day to explore his surroundings. Who knew babies were so interactive?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...