Pages

Friday, August 28, 2009

magic

Last night some friends of ours went into labor and they sent us pictures of the new baby today! I am so excited for them it makes me cry!! They are in the midst of such a magical time.

Bringing a brand new person into the world is an amazing and wonderful process!! Those precious hours of labor and first days are such a blur of excitement, disbelief, joy and wonder. This thing that you've been anticipating, but not quite believing, for the past 9 months; this thing that has happened to all mothers throughout all of time; this thing of faith and lore is happening to you. It is terrifying and wonderful and for all of its pain it is magical. And suddenly it is over and there is a tiny new life laying in your arms that somehow came from inside of you. Like in all of life's truly momentous events, time stands still and goes twice as fast all at once.

If I could relive one experience in my life, I think I would pick Jonathan's birth.

1 comment:

  1. I feel just that way. I couldn't imagine how I could love someone so much instantly. It was amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...