Pages

Thursday, August 27, 2009

last day of summer

I can't believe how fast the summer has gone! Or that I have an (almost) 4 month old baby! (Seriously- where did he come from?!?) Crazy! Last year at this point I didn't even know I was pregnant.

Summer is like this great pause button in my life. I get a few months to relax and recuperate and to reflect on my life over the past year. I get to visit friend and family and work on hobbies- all that stuff that never quite fits into regularly scheduled life. And while I'm sad that it is almost over and I'll be starting the rat race of my "real" life over again, I think it will be good for me. Good for me to get up and go on a schedule. Good for me to have some purpose that lets me define me for me (instead of in relation to some boy). Good for me to get out of the house. Good for me to have a creative outlet. Good for me to reconnect with my friends at school. And good because it helps me remember to treasure these "lazy" days of summer!

1 comment:

  1. I hear you on being "me for me". Sometimes I feel like motherhood is all-consuming and as sucked away my identity, so it is really nice to have some other outlets. Personally, I feel like I am at my best for Joe and Daniel that way.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...