Pages

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Project Dresser

You know how you behave differently around different people? Well, I have one friend in particular who brings out the very bravest in me and spurs me on to tackle projects that are really much larger than I think I can handle. So a few weeks ago when she visited and I told her that one of the things we really needed for the nursery was a white dresser, she took me shopping and picked out this from Goodwill:
Notice it is not white. She also convinced me that painting it white was a totally reasonable project and even went to the hardware store with me to get advice and to buy sand paper, primer and paint. Then her visit was over and she left. I can't say somewhere along the way (primarally during the sanding phase) I didn't regret her influence. But DH helped with the sanding. And after a coat of primer and a few coats of white paint I was feeling much better about the project (and our friendship).
I picked out some great new knobs

And now, thanks to a great friend, I have a fantastic dresser all set in the nursery!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...