Pages

Saturday, August 6, 2011

Cucumber Limeade

Last week I found myself with a huge overabundance of cucumbers. We'd eaten them in salads, with couscous, plain, in tzadziki, etc. And while I love the summery-freshness they bring, I was SICK of eating them. So I decided to try to drink them. I took the three I had still sitting on the counter, chopped them coarsely and popped them into the blender:
I strained the green goo through a sieve and popped the very green juice into the refrigerator.
I had seen some recipes for lime-cucumber beverages, but they all involved juicing limes and making simple syrup. I was feeling lazy. So I mixed equal parts premade limeade, cucumber juice, and tonic water. Voila! A super easy and super refreshing drink! And even better if you muddle some mint in the bottom of the glass first! Kind of like a pregnant ladies' mojito!
Jonathan liked it too and has even on occasion requested cucumber juice to be added to his lemonade since then!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that sounds fantastic!! Wish I was in your kitchen right now...!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...