Pages

Monday, March 22, 2010

back into the swing

I ran my first race since Jonathan was born this past weekend. No marathon or half-marathon this time- an 8k. It was great. I was unexcited about it since training had been pretty non-existant. At the end of the school day when the question came down to do I go for a run or go pick up the baby, somehow going for a run never won out. I got out 1-2 times a week- sometimes with Jonathan in the jogging stroller, but nothing approaching a training plan. So I was not super pumped about the race, but it was a great time! It was a beautiful morning and running felt good the whole way. I even had energy to sprint the last quarter mile or so. It was inspiring and now I am seriously considering getting back into the swing of things and training for a half marathon over the summer...

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...