Pages

Friday, November 27, 2009

a different sort of thanksgiving

Again it comes down to living in the present. To enjoy and give thanks for the wonder and sorrow that this moment holds without letting yourself get caught in worry about tomorrow or regret about yesterday. Over the past two days most of my hours have been in the hospice wing of the hospital, but surrounded by the most wonderful family I could have ever asked for- parents, husband, uncles, brother, baby and gramma. Every moment has been precious. There has been real grief in every moment, but there has also been real joy in every moment. I think the trick of it all is to hold them both in tension. As I've learned to pay attention to my own soul, I have found that the dark, hopeless, empty pain comes almost exclusively when I borrow worry about what will happen in the future or dwell in the past that will never be repeated.

If you are a praying person, pray for us. It is not easy to watch someone you love so much die and that dark pain is hard to keep at bay.

1 comment:

  1. oh krista, i'm sorry for you pain and sorrow. i will pray that you will feel peace and comfort.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...