Pages

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

root canal

I am constantly amazed at modern medical science.  For example, it is amazing to me that today I went to an endodontist who was able, within seconds of my sitting down, to take and examine digital x-rays of my tooth and nerve.  And, within an hour, she had drilled my tooth open, removed the nerves from all 4 roots, replaced the nerves with rubber, and then cover the whole thing back up again.  As she was removing the nerve, she asked if I wanted to see it (and of course I did) and it was amazing!!  Like a tiny little bright red hair.  The best part of the whole deal was that it didn't hurt a bit.  She even used a topical anesthetic and so the shot of Novocaine didn't  hurt!! The worst part, however, was the bill...  our bank account might take longer to heal than my mouth!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that's crazy! I had dental work done and one tooth was bad enough that if the filling busts and any more decay happens, I'll be root canalling with you. This makes me not as scared. I was of the opinion to just pull the joker. I mean, do I really need this many teeth?

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah no kidding. ricky just got his wisdom teeth out for a piddly 2K. WTH? i'm beginning to think he should have become a dentist....

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...