Pages

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

ending

My Gramma was admitted to the hospital ICU on Sunday 1400 miles from where I live. She has terminal bone cancer and has run out of treatment options. She is not doing well. I do not know if I will ever get to see her again.

I am wrestling with the enormous heartache that comes with the imminent loss of someone who has always seemed bigger than life and has always been an embodiment of grace and love and strength. As long as I have known her she has been so full of life and laughter. She has led an amazing life and I think this is her time. But she will leave a huge hole in all of our hearts. The world will be so much less without her and I just feel heavy.

How can life hold so much sorrow and so much joy? I'm not sure our souls are designed to handle endings.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...