Pages

Sunday, December 13, 2009

milestones

We lowered the mattress in Jonathan's crib yesterday. In my naive mind there are three makers that distinguish between a "little" baby and a "big" baby: sitting up on own, sleeping in a crib at the lower setting, and crawling. So, along with his 7 month birthday this past week, lowering the matress is freaking me out. I guess I thought we would never get to this point. All summer I would read about/talk to mothers who had 7, 8 or 9 month old babies and I would think "I have nothing in common with this woman- Jonathan is a little baby and 7-9 month olds are big" Sort of the way poodles are little dogs and great danes are big dogs. And now that my little baby is becoming a big baby it is dawning on me that he will, in fact, become a toddler and then a little boy and then a boy and then a teenager..... And that I probably have a lot more in common with mothers of 5 year olds than I think!!

3 comments:

  1. It looks like crawling is the last obstacle for this little baby...!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We just hit 3 months this past week, and sitting looks like it's somewhere on the horizion, but everything else still seems so far away. I kind of like having your blog as a heads up for the near future!

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's so true! and it all goes so fast! savor, savor.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...