Pages

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Zoë at 4 months



So we've survived another two months!! And Zoë is getting more and more beautiful!  Here is my girl and her big heart-melting smile



Among our accomplishments now are removing her own socks....

drooling... (I cannot believe the number of bibs we can go through in a single day)

and pulling any and everything into her mouth.

She has perfected the art of blowing thousands of tiny little spit bubbles and getting them to cover her face like a little goatee.  And she likes to pull something over her face when she sleeps (this combined with SIDS hype does wonders for my already irrational degree of mommy-fears)

As a mother to an infant I go through most of the hours of most of my days in a survival-mode blur.  I am completely on auto-pilot because I am doing 10 things at once and also am really asleep.  It was this way with Jonathan and is still this way with Zoë.  But a few times every day, I manage to actually focus on my babes and really see them instead of just managing dirty diapers, tantrums, spit-up and an onslaught of "why?" questions.  And it always takes my breath away with the beauty of these tiny people who are so fresh and new and who I love so much.  

I remember when I  really truly saw Jonathan at this age I would think "Oh my goodness!!  How amazing and precious he is!  And what a complete mystery!!"  Now when I really look at Zoë, I think "Oh, hello!! It is you! I know you and you are one of my all time favorites"  I'm not sure what makes the difference.  Perhaps having done this baby thing before?  Perhaps the fact that they look so much alike?  (honestly, except for the pink vs green I don't think I could tell these two faces apart)



 

I don't know, but it makes me so excited to continue to get to know this amazing little girl!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...