Pages

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Zoë at 2 months


Time flies.  Zoë is already 2 months old (and I am 2 weeks late with this post).  And that means that we are 2/3 of the way through the 4th trimester!  Hurrah!!  I hate to will time to pass, but the first three months are just tough.  We are all exhausted and everything still feels like it is in flux and not quite in a rhythm yet.  But little by little we are getting there with some predictability around bedtime and naps.  Jonathan is settling into the idea of a little sister and taking ownership of his role as a big brother.  He giggles when she toots at the dinner table and loves to give her baths and kiss the top of her head.  And in the mean time I am trying to treasure every moment of the last few weeks of my maternity leave.

So, here is Zoë at two months old.  She still has the most amazing big blue eyes


and as her bright little personality emerges more and more, I just can't wait to see the little girl she becomes.

 

Our big accomplishments this month?  Smiling, cooing and beginning to babble.  Zoë has the most beautiful smile ever.  It is, of course, nearly impossible to capture on camera at all- let alone capture the way her eyes sparkle and make your heart melt.



As soon as she focuses her big blue eyes on you and sees that you are looking at her, her face lights up in the most stunning baby smile and she immediately starts cooing and gurgling and bobbing her head like she is saying something terribly important.  I. Love. It.   She was upstairs during story time with  Jonathan tonight and throughout she was smiling and cooing at Jonathan which made him giggle and then start cooing back at her.  The whole thing brought tears to my eyes and made me so thankful for these two beautiful souls that are in my care.  And then, within seconds, Jonathan had a tantrum about whether to read 2 or 3 books and Zoë vomited down my shirt.  But those beautiful moments amid the chaos of normal life are enough.

PS: Thanks to my friend Sarah Day for these great pictures!!

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...