Pages

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Zoë

This past weekend we finally welcomed Zoë Rebekah into our family!!  


The last year of waiting for her has been a tremendous one.  Just over a year ago we had our miscarriage and it rocked my world in a way I didn't know could be done.  Hope and life and came crashing down around me at a time when I was least expecting it.  And everything last fall and winter was tainted with the sense that something horrible and devistating could be lurking around every corner.  When we got pregnant again, I could barely let myself believe it.  I kept expecting the other shoe to drop.

But sitting here this morning with her napping on my lab while big brother is off to preschool, I am overwhelmed with the new joy and hope that has come into our lives.  We have the most beautiful perfect little baby girl I can imagine.  


 Zoë means life.  Not life like run of the mill, physical, "bios" life, but life like the infinite and grand phenomena of life.  


Life like the spirit of things new and fresh and full of wonder.  Life like joy and fullness and hope restored.  

Life like what sparkles in her eyes when she opens them and focuses on your face.  


Life like the gentle way she grips my finger when I put it in her hand.  Life like all of the sweet and the bitter parts mixed into a fierce torrent that sweeps you away.  

2 comments:

  1. Just beautiful Krista!! Your words and your daughter!! Zoe is one loved little one!! Love to all!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I go to this page every day just to look at the pictures of Zoe :).

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...