Pages

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

patience

So for me, the notable thing about this evening is that I am sitting on my sofa blogging and watching The Office.  I am NOT in the hospital having this baby. I started having contractions on Sunday night, they were small, but getting stronger and I thought we could have a baby by Monday (perfect for Labor Day- right?).  But my body and the baby have other plans, apparently, because here it is Wednesday night and still no baby and very few contractions.

I am mostly OK with this.  I am sick of being pregnant.  And I do want to meet this little girl.  But the right time will come, and that will be the best.  The thing that is hard about this point in the pregnancy is that I spend half of my time and energy preparing for the possibility of going into labor in the next 12 hours (are my bags packed? did I leave my lesson plans all ready to be out of work for 12 weeks?  Is Jonathan's lunch packed for school tomorrow?), and the other half preparing myself for waiting another several weeks.  It would be great to just KNOW.  Patience is not really my thing.  Being prepared is.  So this is driving me crazy.   I suppose parenting is nothing if not a lesson in patience and relinquishing control, and this is just a continuation of this lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...