Pages

Friday, September 10, 2010

1st Week Back

So this was our first week back in the full swing of things. Me at work (with students), Jonathan at preschool, and Jim and I not doing crazy tag-team parenting. And it was a rough week- particularly for Jonathan. Every day on his preschool summary sheet there is some comment to the effect of "Jonathan is still tearful most of the morning". I know my kiddo, and he doesn't do 'tearful'; he does 'wailing sobs' and he does 'fall on the floor screaming', but passively 'tearful' I find hard to believe. Jim said as he started crying as they walked into the building to bring him to school today. By this afternoon when I came home, he had started to loose his voice (I can only assume because of screaming so much). Poor little guy. It is a big transition after being at home all summer- new teachers, new classroom, sleeping on a cot instead of a crib, lots of other screaming kiddos. I wish I had a way to soften the transition. Thankfully it is Friday and so he has two days to regroup at home before back to the grind on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...