Pages

Sunday, August 29, 2010

last day of summer

So today was it- the last day of summer vacation. Tomorrow my days as a lady of leisure come to an end, and once again I am back to the life of a working Mom. So, what did we do on this momentous day? I was hoping for a day that screamed "lazy summer day" to top of a great summer. But Jonathan's molars have been inching their way out and so we ALL started by waking up at 3:30 am for a dance party (you hate to waste any time sleeping on the last day of vacation...) We proceeded to have a bouncy, noisy, energetic morning- including a bouncy, screamy hour and a half Jonathan spent for his morning "nap"...

So the day didn't go exactly as I had envisioned. And while I spent an hour crabbing about the fact that I was spending the last day of summer being screamed/whined at over a baby monitor while mopping the floors instead of relaxing at the beach with a book, I got over it. With a toddler, nothing goes as envisioned so today was par for the course. We snuck in a quick trip to the pool before closing time. We splashed, read books, laughed, played chase. A perfect ending to a perfect summer!

1 comment:

  1. So glad we got to talk Sunday evening. You are so right that the only thing predictable about life with a toddler is its unpredictability - and so wise to make the best of it! (after a little crabbing of course) I hope your first day back was the perfect beginning to a perfect school year!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...