Pages

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Messy Fun

How much fun can you have with $1.29?



a LOT.

I promised Jonathan painting this morning, but when it came time, I couldn't find our paint. Alas. I swallowed hard, and broke out a rainy-day idea I'd run across a few weeks ago despite my fear of how much of a mess it would be.

I expected it to take a little bit of encouragement to get my neat-freak boy to be comfortable putting his hands in such gooey stuff. But I sprayed some shaving cream on a cookie sheet and by the time I could pick up my camera, he was off and running!

A few minutes in he did stop to declare "Oh no!! Big Mess!" But then dove right back in!

We added some food coloring,

Got some in our hair,

and had a great time!

Yes, there was shaving cream everywhere. I took his chair out and hosed it off along with our painting table-cloth and the pan. But now, aside from a faint clean scent, the evidence of our mischief is gone! This may be a better outdoor activity once it warms up, but it was certainly great fun!!

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness!! Great fun! LOL with vigor

    ReplyDelete
  2. Apparently shaving cream cleans. I know preschool and kindergarten teachers who spray it all over desks on the last day of school and let the kids go wild rubbing it until it dissolves. So maybe this could actually be a cleaning activity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that's the way to clean up!! What fun!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...