Pages

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

sorting

Since it has been (mostly) too cold to play outside much lately, we have resorted to a lot of creative indoor play to ward off the crazies. I bought these paints a few weeks ago, but haven't been quite brave enough to break out painting again. But Jonathan took an affinity to the bottles and has spent hours putting them into and out of the box. In a rare stroke of genius, I decided to see if he could sort them by colors- so I took a sheet of drawing paper and colored squares on it with a marker and voila, a sorting toy.


here he is mid-sort, sporting his "bear shoes"

Jonathan loves it and calls the game "bottles". But after sorting it a few times and having me name each color as he put them on the squares, he knows almost all of his colors!! If only I had the creativity to come up with this stuff more often!!

2 comments:

  1. What a great idea! You are full of creativity..I'd say you come up with this stuff really often!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Krista, I think I simply MUST have a copy of that picture of Jonathan on the sled that you used on your blog page! Everytime I see it I laugh!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...