Pages

Friday, December 3, 2010

bully

So it turns out Jonathan is the class bully at the preschool. I have seen him scope out a younger kid and push them down before. But lately we have been getting notes from his teachers such as:

"Jonathan has been pushing children down0 we've talked to him about his. Please talk to him at home".

or
"Still pushing quite a bit- we are talking to him about this and making him sit out for a few minutes"

or

"Quite a bit of hitting right before nap."

or (more hopefully)

"Less pushing today!! Jonathan really enjoys art class"

Upon discussing this with the teachers, I have come to learn that he specifically targets one little girl in his class. Great. So when we read books about other children, I try to emphasize that we are gentle with other children like we are gentle with the dog. I try to catch him in the act of being nice (or naughty) and reinforce, but I'm not around him with other kids that much. I guess I am glad that he has a confident temperament and that he isn't the kid letting someone push him around. But gee I wish he wasn't the class bully at 18 months old.

1 comment:

  1. Apparently, he tried to push Isaiah yesterday and there was no effect...Isaiah just looked at him like, "were you trying to do something just then?" Maybe all of the little children in his class should have Clyde's to grow up with.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...