Pages

Sunday, October 3, 2010

jealousy

I took Jonathan with me this afternoon to visit and bring dinner to some friends who just had a baby. As always it took a few minutes for him to survey and get adjusted to new people, but once he was actively engaged with the dog and some balls, I got a chance to hold the new baby. He was precious!! So tiny and wonderful!! I loved it. Jonathan did not. When he saw I was holding the baby, he promptly gave me the stink-eye and marched himself over to my chair. He then pointed to the baby and said emphatically "baby down". I was shocked by his strong and immediate emotional reaction and because I think this is the first time he has strung more than one word together to make a "sentence". I guess jealousy is a powerful motivator for communication!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...