Pages

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

change of plans

Some days I love our decision to hire a cleaning service on an every other month scheme. Yesterday morning was not one of them. They were scheduled to come right after Jonathan's afternoon nap so we could pack up and head out to the botanical gardens to get out of their way. But when we got back from our morning errands hot, hungry, tired, and cranky their van was in our driveway and they were already cleaning. 20 minutes before nap-time was not the plan. I felt guilty for being annoyed that there were people in my house cleaning it for me. But annoyed I was. I had been counting on a quick lunch, an early nap for the cranky kiddo, and a minute of quiet to calm my killer headache. I took a deep breath, counted to 5, and reworked my plan for the immediate future.

We needed lunch. We needed to get out of the house. We didn't need fast food. The only option that sprang to mind was the stroller so I grabbed some peanut butter and a few slices of watermelon and we headed to the park for an impromptu picnic lunch. Jonathan thought it was great fun to be able to get up and run around between bites and the dog got more than his usual share of Jonathan's lunch. Jonathan rallied while at the park and the dog didn't die of heat exhaustion. I even had fun. Plus I had the treat of coming home to a freshly cleaned house. I guess there is something to be said for being flexible and going with the flow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...