Pages

Sunday, April 11, 2010

excitement and apprehension

Jonathan started standing without support today!!

Actually yesterday he accidentally stood up for a second after the bucket he was holding fell over. But this afternoon he would just let go of stuff in a very nonchalant way- as though he had never really needed to hold onto something for support. I got all excited and cheered and clapped and he just looked at me with this bored gaze as if saying "Mom, you are such a dork. This is not a big deal". But it is a big deal. And I think he knows it too. He has started cruising with a vengeance and this afternoon he totally fell apart at the drop of a hat. The ball got stuck as he was pushing it and he flopped down on the carpet in sobs and was inconsolable- I got the ball un-stuck and he just pushed it along wailing. Everything I've read suggests that the period before a baby starts walking is pretty rough- so I'm bracing for a week or so of sleepless nights and cranky afternoons. Hopefully his sleep schedule isn't like the week before he learned to crawl (up every 1-2 hrs)!

3 comments:

  1. I just knew he would start today!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm seeing a suspicious connection with pre-adolescence: "mom, you are such a dork" and sobbing inconsolably about something small. Oh wait... maybe that's just girls...

    ReplyDelete
  3. developmental frustration and teething can explain almost everything that happens between now and adulthood!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...