Pages

Friday, June 15, 2012

caterpillar house

I found my first caterpillar in our garden yesterday!!  (I'm sure there will be more- they usually eat my parsley to the ground).  But yesterday I snatched this little guy off of our carrot leaves:

caterpillar house

I plunked him with his carrot top into some transitional housing, to wait for Jonathan to get home.



I then had him help me make a new house for our caterpillar.  We filled up the bottom of a big vase with dirt, mulch, rocks, some sticks and some more leaves for our little friend.  He insisted on adding one of his insect sponges too.


We put some saran over the top to keep him in (and little fingers out).  And the caterpillar house is not a lovely centerpiece for our table!  Last time I did this, the caterpillar made it into the chrysalis stage- but he never came out.  Hopefully this time will go better!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...