Pages

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Potty Time!

I know you shouldn't tell people things like this, let alone publish it.  Jim thinks I am ridiculous, but when Zoë drank 3oz from a bottle 2 days in a row and I mentioned it to someone, she stopped and is back to her bottle-hating self.  So as silly as it is I do think you can jinx your luck with babies and toddlers.  Which is why it will be months before anyone knows when Zoë first sleeps through the night.  But since I'm actually not very invested in this milestone- I'm making an exception. 

Last Monday, Jonathan decided that it was time for potty training.  We've been talking about it a lot for the past few months and he knows the deal- pee in the potty gets you 1 M&M; poop gets you 2 M&Ms.  We haven't used pull-ups or big boy underwear.  Occasionally he'd try to pee in the potty- but not on a regular basis.

Honestly, I've been putting it off.  I am just not convinced that diapers are not way more convenient than having to find a bathroom in the mall or at the playground or clean up accidents in big boy underwear in the car.  But Jonathan came home from school  and announced that he NEEDED to wear underwear in that tone of voice where a 2 1/2 year old means business.   So I sighed and gave in.  I made him wear a diaper for naptime, but when he woke up we broke out the undies.

Thankfully he really was ready because I didn't really have the patience to play extra games this week and I certainly didn't have the energy to clean up extra messes and do more loads of laundry (Zoë makes quite enough work in those two areas herself).  We had 2 accidents on Monday (one while he was on Daddy's shoulders- ha ha ha), but he peed and pooped in the potty and the rest of the week and weekend we were accident free!  We sent him to school this week with his undies- and no accidents yet!  He is pretty good at getting his pants on and off by himself and I think despite my grumblings and new stress about taking him out in public, we are on the way to having a potty trained little guy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...