Pages

Friday, May 6, 2011

Daddy has no baby

Jonathan and I were "reading" a cooking magazine earlier this week and came across a picture of a quite pregnant woman eating something obnoxiously healthy like raw broccoli. I decided it was time to take the opportunity to talk about how sometimes ladies have babies growing in their tummies. I've mentioned this before to him and he has just looked at me like I am completely insane. This time was no different. But I went to get his baby book and showed him a picture of when I was pregnant with him. I told him that that was when he was in my tummy. He leaned forward, examined the picture closely and then turned around to look at my tummy.

"Mommy's tummy big. Jonathan in Mommy's tummy??"

"You used to be in Mommy's tummy."

He looked up at me suspiciously and then plowed headfirst into my stomach, curling his little legs up underneath so he was a small and spherical as he could get.

"Jonathan get back in Mommy's tummy?"

It took a few minutes to explain to him that (a) he was too big and that (b) nothing fun was in Mommy's tummy (no Daddy, no froggy-blanket, no basketballs...). But finally he stopped ramming my stomach with his head.

Today when I picked him up from preschool, he pointed to my tummy and said "Mommy has a baby in her tummy, but Daddy has no baby."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...