Pages

Sunday, March 6, 2011

have it mommy

Jonathan has always been a pretty big mommy's boy. But that past few weeks have gotten extreme. We went out for dinner as a family on Friday and Jonathan threw a tantrum when Daddy tried to buckle his car seat instead of Mommy. When I put him down on the changing table to change his diaper he will wail and scream "Have it Mommy" as though I have just disappeared totally. He has nightmares multiple times per night where we wakes himself up screaming for me. If I am around will NOT talk to Daddy. He just seems panicky about me being around (or not) all the time. I think it is psychologically related to Daddy having been gone for a week. Maybe he just isn't quite sure about things and thinks physically touching me is the only way to know for sure? I don't know, but it is getting exhausting for everyone around here and I am ready to be done with this phase.

3 comments:

  1. So painful for EVERYBODY! You are exhausted, Jim is hurt (amazing how someone that little can destroy you ego and hurt your feelings!) and Jonathan is frightened! Hope this stage ends quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the new spring picture!! Is that at the botanical gardens?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...