Pages

Friday, July 24, 2009

return policy

I wanted to take him back today. But I think the return policy at the hospital has expired. He was fussy all morning. "Fussy" is a nice sounding way of saying that a baby is screaming in your face and nothing makes it better. I think it was term coined by someone who doesn't remember what dealing with a "fussy" baby is like. Being screamed at a little is ok. But when you are doing everything you can think of to right whatever is wrong and the screaming continues it is just demoralizing. I felt so impotent which made me feel so angry. Angry at Jim for leaving me for a week. Angry at Jonathan for not giving me a break. Angry at the dog for being there and not helping. Angry at myself for being angry. I finally put Jonathan in his bed and left the room until he stopped crying.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...