Pages

Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Mini Construction Bin

Because I was going to sweep today anyway-  right?

Displaying FullSizeRender.jpg


My 18 month old found his excavator toy today after several LONG days of its being missing.

baby holding excavator toy

(He may not know the difference between a squirrel and a dog but do NOT try to convince him that a dump truck or bulldozer is just as good as an excavator).   Anyway, to celebrate I pulled out a 9 x 13 pan and a cup of lentils and a cup of rice. Two spoons and a few construction toys (left over from this birthday cake) and a voilà! Entertainment for 25 minutes!

Displaying IMG_4125.JPG


My dear 5 yo added some small Tupperwares, and the fun continued!

Displaying IMG_4131.JPG


9x13 is a bit small for two kids- but it worked ok for our impromptu rainy morning. An under the bed storage container would be a better size, but I didn't have enough rice for that today.  And when things devolved into simply throwing rice, I dumped the rice/lentil mix into a ziplock for use later and swept up the floor.   On to snack time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...