Pages

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Beach

After a month of staying with us and being helpful in too many ways to count, my mom flew back to Minnesota this week.  She's only been gone a few days and I miss her so much that it hurts.  Not just for the practical help that she was- from staying up late to hold Zoë and let us get some sleep, to going grocery shopping, to playing silly games with Jonathan, etc- but also for the company.  I love that my mom and I can stay up late talking about nothing and everything every night for a month and it never gets old.  My relationship with her is something I cherish more than just about anything.  And I seriously hope that I am able to be the kind of mother to Zoë that my mother is to me.


The last week that my mom was here, my dad also flew in and we all packed up for a trip to the beach!  As stressful as it is to travel with small children (and despite some questionable weather), it was a wonderful and relaxing few days with family.













Thanks Mom and Dad!  You guys are fantastic grandparents and the best parents a girl could have.  I hope we can be half the parents that you guys are!  Love you and miss you tons!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...