Pages

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Pockasils




I have become a fan of making popsicles. Or as they are called around here- pockasils. I picked up some popsicle molds at the grocery store this spring for a dollar each after reading the labels on all of the commercially available fruit-pops. I was determined to find a cheaper, healthier option for us during the hot summer months.

I've made chocolate-banana by pureeing some over-ripe bananas and then adding chocolate milk. Last week I made peach-vanilla pudding pops by mixing pureed peaches and instant vanilla pudding.

My current batch made use of the glut of cantelope that appeared in our fridge this week from our CSA and the leftovers from a fruit tray someone brought to a party.

My basic recipe was to take all of the excess cantaloupe and pop it in the blender. I got about 3 cups of sweet peachy-orange goo. I added 1/2t of vanilla and 1T of honey and poured it into molds. Perfection!
I'm thinking of trying some more gourmet flavors by adding some herbs to the mix. Maybe watermelon-cilantro? Or mint-lime?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...